Funerals Can Be A Difficult Time For Families
Saying goodbye to a loved one is never easy, and arranging a funeral entails many expenses that some Kiwis may not have even considered. On average, a funeral costs between $8,000 and $10,0002, although it’s easy to hit $15,000 and higher depending on the type of service chosen. From flowers to catering, the expenses that come with arranging a funeral, often at short notice, could become a financial burden.
With the Department of Work & Income, Funeral Grants are only available to those who qualify and with recent rises in funeral costs, it’s not surprising that only 5% of Kiwis3 plan for their funerals. As a result, many families may struggle to give their loved ones the send-off that they deserve.
Funeral Insurance could be an option to help cover the costs of a funeral.
How Does Our Funeral Insurance Work?
Funeral Insurance is designed to help pay for the cost of a funeral, or any other final expenses.
Funeral Insurance is designed to help support New Zealand families during difficult times by helping to pay for the cost of a funeral, or any other expenses left behind. Our Funeral Insurance allows for family members to take out cover on behalf of their loved ones, such as a parent or grandparents.
A Funeral Insurance benefit pays a lump sum to loved ones when the insured person passes away – usually within 24 to 48 hours of an approved claim. This money could be used to cover funeral costs or other things that the family may need – such as settling debts or paying household bills.
What Are Our Typical Funeral Insurance Features?
It’s easy and straightforward, and include features such as:
- Guaranteed Policy Acceptance: New Zealand residents over 40 are guaranteed to be accepted when taking out funeral cover.
- No Health Questions: No need to go through medicals, paperwork or health questions when applying, so cover can be in place in minutes.
- Fixed Premiums: Premiums don’t increase with age and you’re covered for life.
- Flexible Cover: Choose a benefit amount up to $30,000 and there’s a choice of fortnightly, monthly or annual payment plans at no extra cost.
- Fast Claims Payout: Payments are usually made within 24-48 hours once a claim is approved, so families can receive financial help quickly.
How To Find Out More
- Step 1: Click your location of the map below to find out more.
- Step 2: Once you have answered some simple questions, you could get a Funeral Insurance quote in just a few minutes.